GPS Co-ordinates :
Follow GPS Co-ordinates inconjunction with written directions.
Latitude (Lodge) S -24°21.200′, (Entrance) S -24.404173
Longitude (Lodge) E 30°49.650’, (Entrance) E 30.78196
The lodge is situated four and a half hours north of Johannesburg/Pretoria. GPS takes you to the entrance of the gravel road, please follow written directions and signs from there
Directions From Johannesburg & Pretoria
- Take the N12 from Johannesburg and the N4 from Pretoria, past Witbank and Middelburg to Belfast.
- Turn onto the R540 to Dullstroom and Lydenburg.
- Take the R36 to Ohrigstad, along the Abel Erasmus Pass and then through the Strijdom Tunnel and onto the R527 in the direction of Hoedspruit.
- Travel on the R527 for roughly 15kms. Opposite the road stall called ‘Appelblaar’ there is a sign for Richmond farms, Kimba Lodge, and Blyde River Wilderness Lodge etc – turn left.
- The tar changes to a gravel road and splits – keep right. Go through the boom gate and follow the road for approximately 6 kms.
- The road then splits again – keep left, travel about 1 km going down the dip and halfway up the hill.
- On the right hand side you will find the entrance for the lodge and a sign saying KIMBA LODGE and BLYDE RIVER WILDERNESS LODGE– turn right here.
- The Gate is either manned or left unlocked, PRESS BUTTON TO OPEN GATE, follow the signs to the lodge, you will reach a second gate, PRESS BUTTON TO OPEN AND THE LODGE IS IN FRONT . PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THERE ARE WILD ANIMALS SO PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY AND CLOSE THE GATE BEHIND YOU.